17 January 2006

Santayana

I have on my ‘to-read’ shelf bothThe Life of Reason and Scepticism and Animal Faith. I have fondled The Last Puritan in numerous bookstores but have never committed to an overnight. Occasionally I stumble across a reference, a passing note, and think to myself ‘someday.’ Today is the day. I also at some point acquired George Santayana, Literary Philosopher and I am diving in.

The same issue of the Claremont Review has homage to the man and philosopher over several pages, despite his atheism and lack of overarching narrative answer. I am about to reread the original piece, and then dive into the book. Wish me luck with the keys to the good life. May I live as long, write something worthwhile, and die as certain.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?