20 March 2006

Ahhh Kansas

I just observed the amazing moment when the falling sky turns to snow. One of the most mesmerizing experiences of my life was experiencing a cold heavy rain switch over to huge, wet snowflakes while hiking in California redwoods. Earlier this morning, in the barely graying Kansas dawn, I heard the first tiny impacts of sleet on the windows. A resolute, or desperate, meadowlark was calling outside my backdoor but, as the sleet grew heavier, he gave up.

This is a magical morning; the reason why I came home to Kansas, as the boys and I watch and listen to the storm hit on the first day of spring, their eyes full of wonder, and mine, contentment.

Now that I am done with these paragraphs, the snow has given way to heavy sleet and the boys came and hid behind my legs as a type, hiding from the sleet pounding on the windows.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?