02 March 2006

Back on the Mainline

I'm dialed in to the first Royals spring training broadcast, tossing down leftover peanuts from last year, and enjoying the fine work of the Boston Beer Company. The three-year old and I are taking turns drawing tractors, and the 20 month old is napping.

Ahhh, I can feel it in my veins now. If my wife wanted to do an intervention, I'd go along with it.

Two funny things about the game so far 1) the (idiot) announcers went on and on in the top of the first about how greatly improved the Royals defense was going to be this year. New 2B Grudzielanek has two errors in the first three innings.
2) In the bottom of the first David Dellucci left early on a hit-and-run, and Mark Redman threw to first. Denny Matthews, the Royals play-by-play guy since their inception, called it thusly: "Dellucci is picked off and breaks for second! Mienkiewicz throws to Grudzielanek who tosses it back to Mienkiewicz for the out. Well, I'm loose."

That is a perfect example of Denny Matthews humor. Understated, and if you are not listening, you miss it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?